Transportation & Payment Terms
NOTE: PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS CONDITIONS CHANGE. IF SHIPPING EXPENSES GO UP, THE QUOTED SHIPPING COST MAY INCREASE AS MUCH AS $25. ONCE WE'VE TALKED AND YOU'RE SENDING A DEPOSIT TO HOLD A SPECIFIC PUP, THE PRICE FOR THE PUP WILL NOT CHANGE EVEN IF WE RAISE OUR PUPPY PRICES ON OUR WEBSITE.
We can safely air ship small pups in the US for around $250, to Canada around $300 . Ocassionally we may have to go with a more expensive flight to get the puppy to you, or there may be a rate increase by the airlines that may require buyer to pay up to $25-$50 more for shipping at the last moment (ALTHOUGH THIS HAS ONLY HAPPENED A FEW TIMES IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS). Buyer agrees to pay that extra expense should it be required! If you live close to St Louis, we can often send a puppy very close to you via courier service for $110. We also offer to try to delivery personally or meet part way whenever possible. Our charges to meet part way or for full delivery (includes gas and meal expenses, prices subject to change as gas prices fluctuate!): 2 hours one way: $55. 3 hours one way: $75. 4 hours one way: $110. 8 hours one way $250-$300. Keep in mind, we must hire kennel help if we're gone for more then eight hours, so our prices have to reflect that expense! NOTE: sometimes if we have enough buyers meeting in one area, they can all share the expenses and save each one money. We meet people at our convenience. If the buyer is not fexible enough to accommodate our schedule when the time comes to meet, the buyer has to pay to have pup shipped or pick it up here.
When we ship a pup, it's because the buyer can't come to us and wants their pup shipped, not because we want to ship it! We always prefer to meet our puppy buyers in person. SO buyer assumes all risk to pup once pup leaves our hands. Airlines and pet transports insure all pups against accidents but not exposure to disease, stress, etc.... We encourage prospective buyers to come visit our home if at all possible. Visitors are allowed free access to our dogs & puppies so they can handle them and see their health, quality, & personality for themselves. Puppies are raised in the house in the nursery, the nursery is a huge converted walk in closet off our master bedroom.
BEWARE ANY BREEDER THAT WON'T POST THEIR CONTACT INFO ON THEIR WEBSITE! YOU HAVE TO WONDER WHAT OR WHO THEY'RE HIDING FROM!
Pups are started on their papertraining prior to going to their new homes, housebreaking is the buyer's responsibility. Our grown retiring dogs must also be housebroken but most are already crate trained and doggie door trained.
So you've decided you want one of our pups? You've called or emailed me to talk everything over with me, asked me to hold a pup until you can get a deposit to me, and want to know what to do next? (Step 1) Read this ENTIRE page THOROUGHLY, then EMAIL your name, address, home & emergency phone numbers, as well as a statement saying you have read & agree to all terms on my site as of the day of your email. Also include your 1st & 2nd choice of airports if your pup must be shipped. At this point, I'll start holding your puppy. (Step 2) A non-refundable deposit of $250 will hold a very young pup (deposit goes toward purchase price). (step 3) send MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER'S CHECK by certified mail, fedex, etc..., and email me the tracking number within 1 business day after commitment to buy, unless we've mutually agreed otherwise in advance. ******** REMEMBER: Your deposit is a legal & binding contract & states you agree with the terms set forth on this site, so READ IT ALL THOROUGHLY! Deposit is non-refundable unless your puppy is not healthy at it's vet check! If circumstances change and you can't get a puppy when you planned, we will put your deposit toward a future litter. If you can't get your puppy within an additional six months, the deposit will be forfeited.
FINAL PAYMENT: When picking up or meeting in person we accept ONLY cash! If failure to pay on time in the correct manner causes me to have to reschedule shipping arrangements at the last moment, buyer may have to pay for another vet check and health certificate & will incur boarding fees, or buyer will lose their deposit & pup will be resold.
NOTE: If (through no fault of mine) the buyer can't get their puppy when it's ready to go, buyer may incur $25 per week boarding fees. Barring any health problems; Westie pups are ready to go at 8 weeks, Shih Tzu pups at 9 weeks. After that age, boarding fees may incur of $20 per week. Buyer will be informed well in advance so that they won't have any surprise expenses. This rule does not apply to older puppies that haven't sold yet.
When picking up your pup in person, bring only cash. IF YOU SHOW UP WITH ANYTHING OTHER THEN CASH, YOU'LL BE SENT TO THE LOCAL ATM TO GET CASH.
Always remember to add $10 for the microchip fee. Every pup is microchipped prior to leaving our premises. The buyer is paying only for the chip. It's the buyer's responsibility to pay to register the microchip in their name later AND IT IS REQUIRED THAT THEY DO SO!!
NOTE: WE ASK THAT VISITORS REFRAIN FROM BRINGING THEIR DOGS WITH THEM WHEN THEY VISIT. IF YOU MUST BRING YOUR DOGS, PLEASE CONFINE THEM TO YOUR VEHICLE (THIS IS FOR YOUR DOG'S PROTECTION AS WELL AS OUR'S)!
PUPPY HEALTH GUARANTEE
PET CONTRACT/HEALTH GUARANTEEDate: ___________, Seller____________________________ Buyer:_____________________________
Breed: ______________ Sex: _____ DOB: ______________ Sire#______________________________
Dam#___________________________ Chip#________________________ Litter#__________________
Price_____________ Payment Method ___________________ PET PUPPY WITH LIMITED AKC ONLY
1. Puppy sold as pet quality companion animal, no guarantees as to adult size or temperament. Guarantee applies only to original buyer of puppy. Failure to return signed guarantee within one month may void guarantee. Guarantee void if animal is used for breeding.
2. Puppy free of any known health problems at time of sale (unless buyer is told otherwise in writing below). Puppy has had age appropriate shots & worming, record provided to buyer. Buyer to follow vet‘s recommendation for remaining vaccinations. Breeder refers all questions about health care, including future vaccinations, to qualified veterinarian. Breeder not responsible for vet bills once buyer takes possession of pup! Breeder doesn’t recommend vaccine for Lepto or Corona at all but de finitely not until pup is AT LEAST 6 months old.
3. During guarantee period (12 months from date of birth), Breeder to be notified immediately in event puppy is ill or isn’t eating well. Failure to notify breeder of problems within 24 hours of onset of symptoms, MAY void this warranty. NOT covered by guarantee after purchase: internal or external parasites, heat exhaustion, hypoglycemia, hernia, less then perfect bite, retained baby teeth, mild allergies, or immune system disorders. Guarantee is for replacement pup of equal value only. Congenital or hereditary defects making pup unsuitable as pet are covered for 12 months from date of birth. If puppy is found to have a serious defect, CONTACT SELLER ASAP, & furnish written veterinarian’s statement including complete diagnosis of what makes puppy unsuitable as pet. (Breeder reserves the right to have diagnosis verified by Seller’s vet before giving replacement puppy). Breeder’s warranty limited to replacement pup of equal value (when one becomes available), all shipping expenses are buyer‘s responsibility. Buyer must return defective puppy, and return guarantee, AKC & Avid paperwork. Puppy must NOT be euthanized without written or emailed approval from the breeder or guarantee is void. Should pup die of genetic or congenital defect within guarantee period, autopsy MAY be required at buyer’s expense. Buyer understands that replacement option is valid only when problems stem from a verifiable hereditary or congenital problem, not due to accident or neglect.
4. If animal is diagnosed by a veterinarian with a contagious disease within 5 days of purchase, and dies within 10 days of purchase, Seller will refund actual purchase price only. Buyer's failure to seek immediate vet care for sick pup, or failure to follow veterinarians recommended course of treatment, will void this warranty. Seller has up to 45 days to refund buyer’s money once seller receives all vet records pertaining to animal’s death & all pup‘s AKC paperwork. Seller prefers buyer pick up their pup in person, shipping is solely for buyer's convenience. Seller is NEVER responsible for any illness pup is exposed to DURING transport.
BUYER AGREES: 1. This pup is a pet only, with limited AKC registration & Spay/Neuter contract, papers furnished ONLY upon proof of spay/neuter.
2. If Buyer cannot keep dog, Breeder reserves the right to purchase dog back for half of purchase price (& return shipping up to $225). If Breeder declines to buy pup back, seller may rehome pup to suitable pet home. BUYER NEVER HAS THE RIGHT TO TURN ANIMAL OVER TO PET SHOP, DOG BROKER, HUMANE SOCIETY, DOG POUND, OR RESCUE GROUP WITHOUT SELLER‘S PERMISSION!
3. This written agreement is a binding contract, and is the only agreement between the buyer & seller. Any dispute regarding this agreement shall be brought solely in Sharp County, Arkansas. All legal issues and/or court action will be filed in Sharp County Court. Tracey Owens, 201 Simstown Rd, Evening Shade, AR 72532 firstname.lastname@example.org 870-847-5715
Email me with any other questions you may have. I answer all emails the same day so If I don't answer that day, call me at 870-847-5715.
NOTE: WE ARE IN NORTHEASTERN (NOT SOUTHERN) ARKANSAS! You can map us online ONLY by our zip code, 72532.